It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:06 pm

The Foyer

Same personality type as Oscar Wilde?

Casual talk, banter, and fun. Picture yourself with a glass of champagne in your hand, waiting for Act III to begin.

Re: Same personality type as Oscar Wilde?

Postby Lankin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Oh, and this I just found. Yes, kind of me, really.
http://thatintp.tumblr.com/
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby carolineleidenyt » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 am

I haven't got a clue about PJ's personalitytype, by the way. I also could not answer the questions like he might have, because I simply don't know him at all.

His chosen line of work would suggest he is an extrovert, while his calm nature would suggest otherwise. But those are not the only criteria of course.

I have my doubts about this test anyway. Even if I cheat to high heaven and back I come out as an ESFP, but I do not compeletely recognize myself in the descriptions. Sometimes I am even more the opposite. But that might originate in being married to an INTP for the past 25 years, which is bound to rub off on anyone.
carolineleidenyt
Accomplished Member
Accomplished Member

Postby Lankin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Speaking of myself, the only thing it reliably tells if I try to fill the test out about PJ is what picture of him I have; it says close to nothing about how he really is.

I like the Jung typology as it is not judgemental. There is no "good" or "bad" character trait. It gets me to reconsider some character traits of mine, and makes me think about what is acquired and what truly belongs to me.

Mostly I don't do such kind of tests for me though, but for characers I develop or for characters of other people's stories or operas.

Would Scarpia come late to an appointment? Hmmmmm ... Tosca would, I guess.
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to The Foyer