It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:17 pm

The Foyer

Getting ready for Artaserse

Casual talk, banter, and fun. Picture yourself with a glass of champagne in your hand, waiting for Act III to begin.

Getting ready for Artaserse

Postby Euridice » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Hi everyone!

Artaserse's première is coming! I am wondering if you want to share your opinions about the opera. Have you already listened to the whole opera? Are you going to the première? Do you prefer de full-staged or the concert version?

I am still "studying" the opera...I already listened the three CD's but I want to do some reading about the composer and the opera itself in order to get a bigger picture of this piece of art. Some first impressions: I haven't listened to Fagioli before and I think his voice is fantastic. I actually love some of Arbace's arias. Mandane is also fabulous but I didn't expect less, Cencic is very convincing in this role. Valer Barna-Sabadus is very tallented but I must confess when I listen to him it's hard to picture him as a She.

Concerning the one and only, what can I say...excellent is not enough! "Deh, respirar lasciatemi!" is by now my favourite aria, I think it goes prefectly with my mood those weeks :lol: Artaserse is a very nice role, even if I would like to see Philippe as Arbace! In "Vo solcando il mare" I can't help prefering/missing his rendition even if Fagioli's is very beautiful, but Philippe's is more enthusiastic and dark more into the real feeelings of Arbace at that moment.

I am looking forward for your opinions!
Euridice

Re: Getting ready for Artaserse

Postby haendelfan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Euridice
Having read and heard several times the opera, I regret many I can assist only the version concert in Paris.
Indeed, it has me to think of a Cornelian drama that I would have liked seeing staged
You're right all the singers are anbelievable: Faglioli and of course Philippe
haendelfan

Postby Euridice » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey, thanks for answering Haendelfan!

I get you. I think the cocnert version will be great but the operatic one is going to be terrific, or at least it seems so. However I am sure that for the sake of music itself the concert version could be better for an expert ear! A lot of people from the forum is going to be in both so I expect some great reviews!
Euridice

Postby Palamede » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm hoping that someone who receives the video transmission will be able to record it since we don't get it in the U.S.
Palamede

Postby Euridice » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Palamede. I'm sure someone would do it, there are such a generous fans around PJ!!
Euridice

Postby Lankin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 am

Hey! We will surely try, that's for sure. Now we're safely back, we'll all write our sum-up of one kind or the other. We, that's Biri, myself, and Michael. Let's see who's first. ;)

haendelfan wrote:Hi Euridice
You're right all the singers are anbelievable: Faglioli and of course Philippe

They were all spectacular. Before, even with the recording in ear, I was pretty sceptical (sceptic or sceptical?) concerning who was assigned which role; I have to reverse this I think. I love to be wrong in a good way.
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Palamede » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Deleted by Palamede. Link provided was to what turned out to be illegal upload.
Last edited by Palamede on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palamede

Postby Palamede » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Deleted by Palamede
Last edited by Palamede on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palamede

Postby Palamede » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:22 pm

Having unpacked the download from TodOpera it is quite clear that this is an upload of the commercial recording. I've written to Edgardo at TodOpera that it should be taken down. However, Edgardo has been ill and someone else may be running his site. I've had no response as yet.
Last edited by Palamede on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Palamede

Postby Lankin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, the date it was uploaded was 2012-10-22 so what else should it be than the CD.
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to The Foyer