It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:51 am

Fan Art - Public

Composition

You created some fan art you are proud of and wish to share? Just share your art here or link to your own page.
We assume you are aware of copyright issues and rules of general decency.
We won't be responsible for outbound links.

Composition

Postby Birikein » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:47 pm

JAR.jpg
Birikein
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Composition

Postby Lankin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:10 pm

I love it! :D -- Even if some have complained recently that red roses were inappropriate. Er ... White... let's... er... Parsley. Parsley and basil. At least he can cook something with it, in case he gets bored at the hotel, hm? I mean, er...

At least I'm not sure if parsley and basil have a secret meaning. Chamomile has, (matricaria chamomilla or something in Latin. Noooooo, you cannot give that to a man!)

I'm in a silly mood, so excuse me.

And ... Oh noes!

Parsley
Petroselinum crispum
Family: Umbelliferae/Apiaceae (carrot family)
Common Names: ~Italian Parsley~ ~Hamburg Parsley~ ~Turnip-rooted Parsley~

Parsley has been cultivated since the 3rd century BC. It spread to the Americas in the 17th century and is one of the most widely used culinary herbs in the United States. It's Latin name Petroselinum comes from Greek ~pétros~ meaning ~rock~ or ~stone.~

Parsley is one of the essential plants in a witch's garden. According to medieval legend, parsley seeds went to the devil nine times and back before they germinated. That belief stems from the earlier Greek belief that parsley seeds visited the underworld nine times before sprouting.
Parsley was dedicated to Persephone, the wife of Hades and Queen of the Underworld. Tombs were decorated with parsley wreaths, and these wreaths were also awarded to the winners of the Nemean games, which were the descendants of funeral games commemorating the death of important personages. Chrysippus thought that eating parsley was a sin, since parsley honored the dead at funeral feasts. The Greeks used the phrase ~to be in need of parsley~ to denote someone who was close to death.

In England it was believed that:
Parsley grows for the wicked, but not for the just.
A parsley field will bring a man to his saddle and a woman to her grave.
When parsley's grown in the garden, there'll be a death before the year's out.
To dream of cutting parsley is a bad omen as the dreamer will be ~crossed in love.~ *NOOOOOOO!
In Devonshire it's believed that transplanting parsley brings bad luck and the owner or his family will be punished within the year.
Medieval Europeans believed that one could kill an enemy by plucking a sprig while speaking the person's name.

via http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/flowers/p.html

There simply is no way to not do anything wrong ... We are lost. Or well, maybe basil will help us.

Basil is said to have the powers for Exorcism, Flying, Love, Protection, and Wealth.
(According to the same source.)
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Composition

Postby Lankin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Just an amendment:

Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Fan Art - Public