It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Fan Art - Public

Albums PJ will not record

You created some fan art you are proud of and wish to share? Just share your art here or link to your own page.
We assume you are aware of copyright issues and rules of general decency.
We won't be responsible for outbound links.

Albums PJ will not record

Postby Lankin » Sun May 20, 2012 8:54 pm

Despite PJ being a versatile artist, there are genres he most probably will not explore.

E.g., Punkrock:

Alternative Metal:
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Albums PJ will not record

Postby Birikein » Sun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm

<3 I want to see his face when he sees these covers :D
Birikein
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Albums PJ will not record

Postby Lankin » Mon May 21, 2012 12:39 am

Actually, me rather not, I'm too frightened.

But completely seriously, or rather ... there is a grain of substance in it; what if PJ had been born somewhere else, and had learned to play the sitar, e.g., instead of a violin, or had been born into a family and had a peer group where the idea of the classic genre had been "Yo, MTV Raps" (which I miss, btw.)?

We might be free in our choices, but especially musical tastes are shaped by exposure to some degree. There are some universal scales to judge by, agreed. You can tell if someone has NO timing in every genre, no matter how far it is from what you usually hear. The older I get, the more I find that even if a genre doesn't fulfil me, I still can appreciate some of the artists and concede they are brilliant. (Type 0 negative and Morbid Angel aren't among them though.)

What if PJ had been born and raised in an environment where classical music (I'm including Renaissance, Baroque, etc., in here for simplicity.) had been right out of the question? He would still have been making music; I am almost sure about it.

So maybe there are quite a few albums we miss, in seriousness. One other thing about pop (rock, grind, punkrock, grindcore, alternative metal, ... whatever floats your boat) music is that it is much more common that the artists feature their own work.

I wonder if PJ ever composed. I also think that almost everyone wrote some music back in the days when they were young. (And handed it over to the flames, in a small celebration of shame, as I did with some pop songs of my creation. They were still better than "Friday, Friday" though, just sayin'.)

The first person in my case who showed me the fun in composing was a music theory teacher of mine (everyone but me and a friend of mine skived his classes.) Counterpoint doesn't really sound like fun, but with this teacher, it was. He always gave us a four line Baroque libretto and had us write an aria, A-B-A form.

He would say things like "The base line is not bad, but why don't you turn it more like a walking bass, like, ..." Of course, flawless Generalbass notation was just as important. Dear Mr. Hofmann, if your should read this, I still miss your classes :D

Which in turn reminds me -- I am waiting for libretto prompts for opera!Sherlock!

The results so far, ...

Sherlock: mezzosoprano (Alice Coote)
Moriarty: soprano/mezzosoprano (PJ)
Watson: undecided yet. Maybe PJ too, in a tasking double role.
Mycroft: tenor (Michael Schade)

http://www.philippejaroussky2d4.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=59&p=138&hilit=sherlock#p138
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Fan Art - Public