It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:52 am

Fan Art - Public

Warlock

You created some fan art you are proud of and wish to share? Just share your art here or link to your own page.
We assume you are aware of copyright issues and rules of general decency.
We won't be responsible for outbound links.

Re: Warlock

Postby BabyBunny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Feynman? I'm not sure... But Wittgenstein, definitely.
BabyBunny
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Birikein » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm

The original pic is from Opium Cd I think, not the cover itself but near enough:

file904.jpg
file904.jpg (14.32 KiB) Viewed 3157 times

Hmm... lovely collection of men. Lankin, you could write (alive yet) behind J.I. and the other living beings? It just felt strange to read: Andrea del Sarto (dead already, of course.), Richard P. Feynman (dead ...),Jason Isaacs, Banastre Tarleton (dead ...) .... Poor Jason, he will dream of ghosts and spirits tonight (good looking ones but yet...) :P
Birikein
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lankin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm

You told him about Harry Potter? I didn't know that. I walked away as you too talked so I missed something?

I did, it was the one thing I said when handing over Biri's pics, also stating that she had made it, as well as the Paris one, where he stated, "that's not me ..." :D

Hmmm, Wittgenstein, you say?
ludwig-wittgenstein-sprache-gedanken-300x239.jpg
ludwig-wittgenstein-sprache-gedanken-300x239.jpg (30.62 KiB) Viewed 3156 times

Hmmm,... Oh, also a hottie: Alban Berg
alban-berg.jpg
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lankin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:52 pm

And ...
Hmm... lovely collection of men. Lankin, you could write (alive yet) behind J.I. and the other living beings? It just felt strange to read: Andrea del Sarto (dead already, of course.), Richard P. Feynman (dead ...),Jason Isaacs, Banastre Tarleton (dead ...) .... Poor Jason, he will dream of ghosts and spirits tonight (good looking ones but yet...)

ARGH, of COURSE he is alive yet! I mean, I should have written only that, as those are the exception on my list. I really do hope he doesn't get bad dreams, not even from playing in "Awake." He cannot be sure that he is alive even, can he? Alright, this has been overused forever by The 6th Sense.

*And no, I will discard the idea of gimp-ing PJ whispering "I can see fans. And they say they want bunny ears!" or something.
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Birikein » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

*And no, I will discard the idea of gimp-ing PJ whispering "I can see fans. And they say they want bunny ears!" or something.

Argh, now I have in mind a concert, PJ on stage stunning and the full applauding audience with bunny ears!!!!
Birikein
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lankin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 pm

It is really really not my kink. What I really -- and honestly! -- find very disturbing is a certain kind of cuteness if turned sexual. My wording in English is not top-notch today, let me give an example.

You remember the video to "Oops, I did it again," extremely annoying on so many levels? It toyed with this school girl image of Spears at the time, and she was hugging some kind of big fluffy toy bear or whatever it was -- I am not nosy enough to check. Neither did I ever get what men seem to love about the Playboy bunnies so much.

Random theories and associations that might also pop up in the mind of a reader of said magazine:

*Cuteness -- youth.
    *Rabbits aren't exactly proverbial for their reluctant approach on sex.
    *Where the fluffiness comes in? It is belittling especially female sexuality, making it appear less threatening to some, thus making the person seem more easily available.

I can see that, and I am not criticizing the objectification that can go with this costume -- not all fetish clothing does, though, but I haven't given much thought to that yet, it would as well be an interesting subject.

For me there is a limit though. If it is suggested that the person in question is below the age of consent, like Spears did in this video, full of props and cues that trigger the "school girl" association in the viewer's mind.

If I would be a straight male, and upon watching that video would catch me thinking more than fatherly about a girl that is depicted as an under-age, with a fluffy teddy bear, and in a kid's room too -- I would feel slightly disgusted, I guess. First at myself, and then towards the producers of the video who obviously serve a certain clientèle of sexually frustrated, slightly deranged middle-aged men.

Heterosexuals are really revolting at times, aren't they... They always have to flaunt it. Ts ts.)
Lankin
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Fan Art - Public